New Zealand Vs The Rest of The World (almost)
Wednesday 19th September – 7.30pm
the drinking well’s second tasting evening!
The Line up
- PEGASUS BAY RIESLING 2009 (Waipara, NZ) vs RADFORD RIESLING 2008 (Eden Valley Australia)
- AUNTSFIELD ESTATE SAUV BLANC 2011 (Marlborough NZ) vs ARBOLEDA SAUV BLANC 2010 (Aconcagua Valley, Chile)
- PEGASUS BAY PINOT NOIR 2009 (Waipara, NZ) vs VOLNAY Domaine Christophe Vaudoisey 2009 (Burgundy, France)
- MAN O’ WAR DREADNOUGHT 2009 (Waiheke, NZ) vs GEMTREE UNCUT SHIRAZ 2010 (McClaren Vale, Australia)
- MAN O WAR MERLOT, CABERNET FRANC 2008 (Waiheke, NZ) vs HARRYS MONSTER 2006 (Yarra Valley, Australia)
Cool Climate Vs Warm – New World Vs Old World
Saturday 19th November – 8pm (venue tbc) – £15
the drinking well is overjoyed at the thought of hosting its first intimate tasting which will focus on the effect of climate on wine, pairing varietal combinations from different regions against each other (see below for the full line up). Only two places remain so please contact the drinking well asap if you are interested.
- Auntsfield Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 (Marlborough NZ) - vs – Les Haut Lieux, Touraine Sauvignon, (La Loire, France)
- Riesling Tradition, Kuentz Bas 2009 (Alsace, France) – vs -Pegasus Bay Bel Canto Dry Riesling 2009 (Waipara, NZ)
- Mahi Pinot Noir, 2008, (Marlborough, NZ) - vs – Colina de Piatra Alba Pinot Noir, (Dealul Mare, Romania)
- Cornas Patou, Dumien Serrette, (Syrah) 2003 (Rhone, France) – vs – Willy Willy Shiraz 2009 (New South Wales, Aus)
(All wines will be accompanied by a selection of cheeses.)
Glancing over the list, it’s more of a dance off between delicate ballerinas until we get to the big Syrahs and the gloves come off. Those two may slug it out for victory, but the others will all be about elegance and poise that pirouettes over the palate – cant wait.